Shell and tube heat exchanger tube tube leak detection method and treatment method
In general, shell-and-tube heat exchangers may have a tube leak after a long time, and these faults sometimes cause us headaches, given that some customers may not know much about shell-and-tube heat exchangers or know very little about them. There is no way after the leaking of the pipe. The following series of Vrcooler. has done some sorting out the methods and treatment methods for the tube-drainage of the shell-and-tube heat exchanger.
For the search of the leak path of the tube-and-tube heat exchanger, the common method is to change the pipe box to the clamp flange (that is, the flange as large as the pipe flange), the small floating head and the outer cover are good, and the shell is good. The test water is tested, and the water will flow out from the leaking pipe. From the part where the water flows out, it can be judged that the pipe side is a pipe leak or a weld leak, and the mark is removed, and the remaining leak points are further inspected.
Summary of inspection methods for tube length leakage of shell-and-tube heat exchanger
1. Check the weld seam between the tube sheet and the tube tube for leaks by using the method of coloring penetrant inspection.
2, the shell process is pressurized, the tube is reversed for leak detection, and the tube nozzle is brushed with soap and water, and the bubbler is the leak tube. Or when the shell is filled with water, the leak point can be found.
3. When the shell is filled with water pressure, if the middle part of the tube leaks, after a certain time of pressure, the water will flow out from the nozzle, and the leak tube can be determined.
Through the methods of coloring penetration, shell-side charging, and shell-side flushing pressure, it is generally possible to determine whether or not the tube is leaking. Where is the tube missing, and other methods are welcome.
Shell-and-tube heat exchanger tube process leak point processing method for leaking tube:
1. For floating head tube bundles and fixed tube plate heat exchangers, repair welding should be carried out first. If the repair welding is not completed or the pipe leaks, the leakage is not much. If the production can meet the requirements, the pipe can be blocked, but the pipe can not exceed 30%. It seems that the specific number has been forgotten), and then the tube is replaced on the basis of the original tube bundle (applicable to the fixed tube plate heat exchanger), but it is more troublesome, and the tube bundle is replaced later.
2. For U-shaped tube bundles, there are repair welding or tube replacement, and tube replacement.
3. If the tube plate and the tube weld are cracked, welding can be performed.
4. If the pipe is leaking in the middle of the pipe, the welded pipe of the leakage pipe and the pipe plate can be ground, the leakage pipe can be taken out, and a new pipe can be replaced.
Remedial repair after repairing the leaked pipe by means of repair welding, pipe plugging, or pipe change can sometimes bring unexpected effects, reduce losses, and prolong the life of the shell-and-tube heat exchanger.
In summary, the summary of the related methods for the failure of the tube-tube heat exchanger tube tube leakage point is expected to solve the problem of the user's headache. For the inspection method of the shell-and-tube heat exchanger and the method for processing the leak tube, there are other methods. Suggestions and comments are welcome.